Re: Download problem

Fr J Mahoney wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Vaio FZ490. Suddenly, I started having problems downloading files from the Internet, on a dialup connection. No file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. No virus, I did a complete scan, and then scanned with new software to doublecheck. No spyware or anything else found.

My guess is that a setting got changed somewhere that's messing me up. At least partly because I can still download Windows updates....

I've tried about everything that I can think of, so any help would be appreciated.

So what error message do you get when the download fails?

Have you tried disabling the firewall for a test download?

What's dialup?? <smile>

Frenchy

  • Re: Download problem
    ... problems downloading files from the Internet, ... file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. ... Have you tried doing a System Restore to a time before this started? ...
  • Re: Automatically resuming download of SP4
    ... > a dialup connection and an ISP which forces a disconnection ... Have you tried enabling automatic updates? ... The benefit of it is that it can download little ... Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Download problem
    ... problems downloading files from the Internet, ... file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. ... Fr J Mahoney ...
  • Re: Repost: System freezes during theme change
    ... > download, ... the Dell recovery disk and not a real system disk. ... a dialup connection. ... Are there any services other than the theme service that ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Download problem