Download problem

Hi,

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Vaio FZ490. Suddenly, I started having problems downloading files from the Internet, on a dialup connection. No file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. No virus, I did a complete scan, and then scanned with new software to doublecheck. No spyware or anything else found.

My guess is that a setting got changed somewhere that's messing me up. At least partly because I can still download Windows updates....

I've tried about everything that I can think of, so any help would be appreciated.

--
Fr J Mahoney

  • Re: Download problem
    ... problems downloading files from the Internet, ... file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. ... Have you tried doing a System Restore to a time before this started? ...
  • Download problem
    ... problems downloading files from the Internet, ... file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. ... Fr J Mahoney ...
  • Re: Download problem
    ... Suddenly, I started having problems downloading files from the Internet, on a dialup connection. ... No file will download, including Norton updates, except for Windows updates. ...
  • Re: Massive problem with Windows 2000 and my computer
    ... Reboot your system when ... After doing so, download ... > I went into safe mode and removed all of the "Windows Hot ... presumably because I touched the windows updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Spyware which tracks keystrokes?
    ... Do not use Internet Explorer or Outlook, ... > from connecting to the Internet with a firewall. ... Use IE solely for Windows Updates, ... > Be careful about what you download. ...
    (comp.security.misc)