Re: Windows Explorer has stopped working.

I'm having the same problem and here's what I found at

Download a file to modify the registry
Download and run a file to modify the registry. To do this follow these

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
2. Download the MSKB946758.exe file. Save the file to the desktop.
3. Double-click the MSKB946758.exe file, accept the Microsoft Software
License Terms, and then unzip the file to the desktop.
4. Right-click the "Familysafety critical update_explorer crash.reg"
file, select Open with, and then click Registry Editor. If you are
prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation User
Account Control permission, type the password, or click Continue.
5. When you will receive a message that asks whether you are sure that
you want to add the information to the registry, click Yes.

itsme43's Profile:
View this thread: