Re: Windows Explorer has stopped working.

I'm having the same problem and here's what I found at
http://newsonvista.blogspot.com/2008/01/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working.html

Download a file to modify the registry
Download and run a file to modify the registry. To do this follow these
steps.

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/8/3/c83b06ac-17bc-4677-9f9c-5a3701bc61b2/MSKB946758.exe
(http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/8/3/c83b06ac-17bc-4677-9f9c-5a3701bc61b2/mskb946758.exe)
2. Download the MSKB946758.exe file. Save the file to the desktop.
3. Double-click the MSKB946758.exe file, accept the Microsoft Software
License Terms, and then unzip the file to the desktop.
4. Right-click the "Familysafety critical update_explorer crash.reg"
file, select Open with, and then click Registry Editor. If you are
prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation User
Account Control permission, type the password, or click Continue.
5. When you will receive a message that asks whether you are sure that
you want to add the information to the registry, click Yes.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/8/3/c83b06ac-17bc-4677-9f9c-5a3701bc61b2/MSKB946758.exe

Jeri

--
itsme43
itsme43's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/itsme43.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Vista update KB938371 fails to install. error code 80073715
    ... The "reg delete" statement returned the message "specified registry entry not found" or words to that effect. ... After rebooting, I tried again to install KB 938371, once through Windows update and once through running the downloaded installer package. ... Then the download appears to be failing, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: renew IP fails after system restore
    ... Then download this tool and run it. ... Registry Keys Infected: 0 ... Try to make NIS allow the network/Ethernet connection by opening the NIS ... got a set of system restore disks from HP and ran standard system restore ...
  • Re: Homepage was changed, cant change back
    ... & Destroy, Noadware, and Registry Mechanic, and all have ... download a copy of ... >that you can have a clear HiJackThis Log for the experts ... Create a folder on the hard drive of the ...
  • Re: IE6 overwrites anything I try to type in to the address bar
    ... Now....you don't mention which version of Windows you are ... Check the Registry to see if this file is there. ... Download the fix - Reset Search: ... >> dedicated folder after appropriate unzipping, ...
  • Re: Unable to type in URL Address area beyond the initial page
    ... Check the Registry to see if this file is there. ... In order to restore you default Search functions, download and run the ... Also be sure to use the HijackThis. ... Create a folder on the hard drive of the other computer called ...