Re: How do I stop power saver from shutting PC off?

In message <uXxNx9lMJHA.4440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> "news.microsoft.com"
<anon@xxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

"DevilsPGD" <spam_narf_spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In message <emo$hyCMJHA.5232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> "news.microsoft.com"
<anon@xxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

"barman58" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news.microsoft.com;862226 Wrote:
How do I stop the power saver feature from shutting off my monitor and
computer before it finishes defragging? Why is everything moved and
renamed?
I right-click on desktop and properties is no longer there. I don't
want my
PC shutting off when it's defragging or I have to work with a client or
be
on the phone. The frustration doesn't end.....

If you click on the start orb type "power" and run "Power Options"

There is NO "power" or "Power Options" when I click on Start in Home
Premium. What version are you talking about?

Did you type "power"?

Where does it say "Power" when the Start button is clicked? There is no
"orb." What is an "orb?" Type "power" where?

There is no start button in Vista, rather, there is a blue circle with a
Windows logo called the "Orb"

After clicking the Orb, the default focus is on the Search field, into
which you can type what you're looking for and Vista will generally find
it, especially for programs and various Vista functions, as well as the
entire search index.

Failing all of that, go to Control Panel, find "power" and start from
there.
.