Vista64 VSS storage - redirection to other partition ?

Hi,

is there possible to redirect Vista shadow copy service storage
to other partition with cluster size >=16 kB ?
My system one has cluster 4 KB and suffers
by defragmenting issue for VSS and cluster <16 kB.

The space at system one is also a reason.

Some 1-2 month ago I was playing with some Vista CL commands
not successful and not remember which, probably fsutil...
it claimed it is possible but failed.

--
Poutnik

Different opinions often mean people know only their own parts of the
truth.

  • Re: ntfs, bootitng
    ... >>> Thats not what you need only, there are problems with just doing this. ... you will wind up with a cluster size of 512bytes. ... Partition Magic can do this after the partition is ... Make sure you have a good backup before converting the partition. ...
  • Re: Trouble copying files to SanDisk m230
    ... Partition number? ... File system doesn't have expected sizes for Windows to like it. ... 517MB fat16 Information: Don't forget to update /etc/fstab, ... with the "peculier" cluster and FAT size? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 2 large hard drive questions
    ... 4K cluster size is fine for windows partition. ... would have on these big drives. ... I noticed that Disk Manager in Windows XP SP2 reports the disk as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: ntfs, bootitng
    ... you will wind up with a cluster size of 512bytes. ... Partition Magic can do this after the partition is ... >> Make sure you have a good backup before converting the partition. ...
  • Re: Resizing FAT partitions
    ... full cluster, and are thus part of the volume, but unused. ... determining the max amount of space to partition on a given drive. ... each type of FAT with a fixed table used for floppies. ... not be able to copy to such small drives. ...