Re: No sounds on Vista.

You may have had one the updates get corrupted during installation. I'm
happy to hear that most of your issues have been resolved so far.

You might also run a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) command to see if it
can find and fix any bad system files. This tutorial will show you how
to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

news.microsoft.com;866120 Wrote:
"david manvell" <davidmanvell@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:A600584B-B9F9-4090-9FE8-BFF3D0884F9C@xxxxxx> > >

"Brink" wrote:

Hello,

Have you installed your audio drivers?

Also check in the Taskbar properties in the tutorial below to make
sure
that you have the "Volume" icon checked to enable it, then make sure
that the volume is not muted and that the volume level is up high
enough
to hear it.

'Notification Area - System Icons'

(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/106787-notification-area-system-icons.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

news.microsoft.com;861997 Wrote:

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Also look in your device manager and see if under the Sound card
section
if
any of the devices there have any warnings (Yellow or red flag).
that
could
indicate a defective sound card or a driver problem.

Also if you have a sound card, make sure your speakers are
plugged
directly
into it and not into your computers internal sound jack. If you
do have a
sound card and you recently installed it (And this problem
occurred) you
may
have to go into your bios and turn off the computers internal
sound card
(If
one exists). > >

No problem could be found. A system-restore fixed it. I'm not picking
on MS
but it seems many of these problems started after a large download of
"updates." I did a restore from before those updates and that solved
most
of the "issues."

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: video and audio are garbled (feedback and wind tunnel effect)
    ... It was the sound card. ... was strange that the problem occurred immediately after a fresh installation. ... I downloaded all security updates, installed SP2, ... Windows Media Player 10 and the problem was still there (as noted in my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: No sounds on Vista.
    ... can find and fix any bad system files. ... >> Also look in your device manager and see if under the Sound card ... >> indicate a defective sound card or a driver problem. ... I did a restore from before those updates and that solved ...
  • Re: Code 10 with my CD ROM
    ... updates for Vista and MS Office that go through automatically. ... installation of Acronis Home 2009 caused a similar issue with USB drives ... On the device manager, I got a yellow opposite the software for ... The driver is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N ATA device and the specs. ...
  • Asus A8V-VM Sound Drivers
    ... I just installed a C-Media PCI sound card, CMI-8738/C3DX, on my ... The ASUS installation disk installs the drivers for the sound card and ... Device Manager indicates that the Device is working properly. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Wmp 11 not working
    ... My sound card works, no problem in ... device manager, all updates are up to date. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)