Re: No sounds on Vista.

"david manvell" <davidmanvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A600584B-B9F9-4090-9FE8-BFF3D0884F9C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Brink" wrote:

Hello,

Have you installed your audio drivers?

Also check in the Taskbar properties in the tutorial below to make sure
that you have the "Volume" icon checked to enable it, then make sure
that the volume is not muted and that the volume level is up high enough
to hear it.

'Notification Area - System Icons'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/106787-notification-area-system-icons.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Also look in your device manager and see if under the Sound card section if
any of the devices there have any warnings (Yellow or red flag). that could
indicate a defective sound card or a driver problem.

Also if you have a sound card, make sure your speakers are plugged directly
into it and not into your computers internal sound jack. If you do have a
sound card and you recently installed it (And this problem occurred) you may
have to go into your bios and turn off the computers internal sound card (If
one exists).

No problem could be found. A system-restore fixed it. I'm not picking on MS but it seems many of these problems started after a large download of "updates." I did a restore from before those updates and that solved most of the "issues."

  • Re: No sounds on Vista.
    ... Have you installed your audio drivers? ... Also check in the Taskbar properties in the tutorial below to make sure ... The little speaker icon is also ... indicate a defective sound card or a driver problem. ...
  • Re: No sounds on Vista.
    ... Have you installed your audio drivers? ... Also check in the Taskbar properties in the tutorial below to make sure ... The little speaker icon is also ...
  • Re: how do I restore volume control to taskbar
    ... > c) Playback mode and record mode are also greyed out. ... > d) Every item shows as working properly, including the sound card. ... Have you checked Device Manager to see if you still have a sound device? ... reinstall the audio drivers? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Another computer with no sound...
    ... Make sure you have a set of computer speakers plugged into the sound card on ... Right click "My Computer" icon and select properties and go into device ... Now click the little speaker icon in the taskbar on the bottom right of the ... If it's your CD/DVD player that's not working and other sounds such as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Icon for Volume control disappeared from the tray!
    ... After a reboot the icon for the Volume control has disappeared from the tray! ... I can find no way to restore it! ... double-check the option on the Sound card config panel to make the icon appear, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)