RE: ntoskrn1.exe

Hello Mr Jamal, I have the same problem, identical messages like you, but
with a Sony Vaio laptop and I, like you, do not have a solution from Windows
team! How diferente computer manufactures had the same trouble? The problem
is Microsoft!
In the future a I will migrate to another software and company!

Sorry,

Hamilton, from Brazil.

"Jamal Kilo Vista problem" wrote:

Hello Guys,
I have the HP Pavilion dv2120ca Notebook. I get windows updates from Windows
Vista, I started the download and when it's almost done I got the same
problem for an error shows that windons failed to start a recent hardware or
software change might be the cause.

I have not installed any new software or hardware on my LT it was only the
windows updates.
Now it is asking for a file ntoskrn1.exe status 0xc0000098
windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.

Any help would be great. I do not have a windows vista disc as I am away
from home, in Dubai, UAE, any help I would really appreciated

Jamal Kilo

  • Re: How workable is Vista?
    ... With Vista, the startup apps may take the same 2 or 3 minutes but you ... Avoiding Internet Explorer and Outlook Express is the most important step to avoiding malware on Windows. ... For people using a home PC mainly for web and email, cataloguing their digital photographs, playing music, and some light office apps, they are faster, safer and cheaper using Linux. ... Vista can and should be judged by how well it runs software that people need to run, and how well it supports hardware that people need to use. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Windows 7: Lets See How It Runs
    ... Dell hardware, the Dimension 2400 is busy with other stuff and I didn't want to take it down for this. ... I wanted to be particularly mean to Windows ... just to put Microsoft's claims of vastly improved performance (even for Beta 1) to the ultimate test*. ... The speed is just about night and day over Vista. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Vistas dead: Microsoft kills an OS and no one cares
    ... Now everyone including most of all microsoft itself is eager to forget it ever happened, to put it behind them, to bury it and to KILL THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT DID MORE harm to their sales than MAC OSX and linux combined! ... It may have looked pretty on the outside, but critics quickly pounced on it for driver incompatibility, sluggish performance on mainstream -- and sometimes even high-end -- hardware and enough bugs to fill a family-sized tent on a weekend camping expedition. ... Microsoft didn't help matters with its ill-fated "Vista Capable" designation -- a public relations debacle that convinced buyers who were too lazy to read the fine print that Vista would run just as well on hardware barely suited for XP. ... But last week's announcement of the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program signals the likely death knell for Vista. ...
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Windows 7: Lets See How It Runs
    ... hardware, the Dimension 2400 is busy with other stuff and I didn't ... I wanted to be particularly mean to Windows ... The speed is just about night and day over Vista. ... RAM use with only the control panel open was steady at 420MB or so. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)