Re: Free Defragger

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:39:22 -0700, "Victek" <Victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

"Victek" <Victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2F08120B-93D7-4C2F-A2E4-C93BAC7EB36A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and it can make a significant difference to maximizing free space.
Defragging (with any app) NEVER gives you more free space. How could it?
What it does do is to turn non-contiguous space into contiguous space...

Quite right - more contiguous free space.

But not more space.

DDW
No email please

  • Re: Free Defragger
    ... Defragging (with any app) NEVER gives you more free space. ... What it does do is to turn non-contiguous space into contiguous space... ...
  • Re: Free Defragger
    ... Defragging (with any app) NEVER gives you more free space. ... What it does do is to turn non-contiguous space into contiguous space... ...
  • Re: Free Defragger
    ... Defragging (with any app) NEVER gives you more free space. ... What it does do is to turn non-contiguous space into contiguous space... ...
  • Re: Defrag query
    ... I've gone from having 54.2gb free space on one partition of the HD to ... Defragging does nothing to regain space. ... So my college tutors were wrong when they told me that if I ... was running low on HD space to defrag and run the disk clean up tool? ...
  • Re: Computer freezups
    ... with about 4G of free space. ... I checked, and defragging is ... It has no viruses and I regularly do a disk ... it freezes up and the green LED indicates alot of hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)