Re: Memory use and performance issues

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:40:30 +0100, "Steve Thackery"
<nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So what can I do to free up some of this memory being used (What processes
or services can I shut down)?

On this specific question: don't try.

To the OP: disregard that instruction, because it's wrong.

Vista, unlike it's predecessors,
makes much more use of any available RAM by preloading all sorts of stuff
into memory, including applications which it "expects" you to use (based on
your previous useage patterns - Superfetch).

If the user disables the loading/starting of unneeded services and
programs then there will be just that much MORE RAM available for
system use.

Thus: it's worth trying.

DDW
No email please

  • Re: separate stacks
    ... memory output delay and decoding the instruction. ... half of a clock cycle and still meet the setup time of the RAM. ... use the output of the block ram as the Next On Stack register. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: what uC do you prefer?
    ... of code (buffer over-run exploits - spesh of Billy boi) but that is ... I do hanker for a contiguous RAM area where I ... versions of this architecture are the Coldfire parts. ... that makes instruction fetches slow. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: separate stacks
    ... memory output delay and decoding the instruction. ... half of a clock cycle and still meet the setup time of the RAM. ... So the block ram is a true stack. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: boolean usage
    ... the 7 bits of RAM saved for each Boolean ... instruction sets were expanded. ... fewer instructions that will access memory locations beyond 255. ... and test single bits in RAM (in a single instruction) so long as the ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: PROFESSIONAL floating-point algorithms.
    ... forward by tight coupling of humor with instruction. ... >) Any CPU that has a slow random access memory for any reason could make ... >) point of failure such that RAM access is slow. ... instructions to refresh the memory which is "read mostly". ...
    (comp.programming)