Re: Vista update issues

To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
button

Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"bebe" <bebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for this info I have try all of that already and I have got no
where....seems i can't install that update!!!..... what are other optionS?

"TaurArian" wrote:

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All
Programs,
and then clicking Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click View update history.

3. Find the update for Windows that has failed to install, and then
double-click the update to view more information.

Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under Status,
next
to the update name.

4. In the Windows Update dialog box, next to Error details, review the
error
code for the failed update.

5. Either follow the links in the Windows Update dialog box under More
Information or Help and Support to try to fix the problem, and then try
installing updates again by using Windows Update in Control Panel or post
the Windows Update Newsgroup with the error code so perhaps someone may
be
able to assist further.

FYI - Windows Update newsgroup:

(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"bebe" <bebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My computer is trying to install one of the vista update (KB938371)
from
5/15/08 and fail during the installation....it succeed installing all
the
other update before and after this one but can do this one...what
shoudl i
do?

  • Re: Automatic updates will download to P.C. but will not install
    ... Hi PA Bear. ... Start a free Windows Update support incident request: ... Support for Windows Update: ... problem but will not install either automatically or manually. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: After februari updates configuring updates at shutdown
    ... Did Vista SP1 come preinstalled on the machine or did you install SP1 manually (i.e., not via Windows Update)? ... no-charge support for security updates would be available to you. ... KB937287 *may* apply to your Vista SP1 machine if it installs successfully. ... Save the download to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator" to install the package. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: After februari updates configuring updates at shutdown
    ... I started a free Windows Update support incident request today in Dutch ... KB937287 *may* apply to your Vista SP1 machine if it installs successfully. ... Save the download to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator" to install the package. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I thought Microsoft might know better than I do which of their updates might have done this?
    ... If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge support for the issue. ... Thank you for contacting Microsoft Windows Update Support. ... Please understand we are unable to resolve this system related issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update error 80244019
    ... To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web ... But since the system recovery I know have Windows update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)