RE: Vista Home Basic 64 and non functioning Lite-On DVD-RW

"Siddoogie" wrote:

I'm working on a system using this drive, Lite-On DH 20A4P 04. The owner
reported that the drive suddenly didn't work. In Device Manager the drive
is shown with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark in it. In
Properties is the following message, "Windows cannot load the device
drivers for this hardware. The driver maybe corrupted or missing." The OS
is Windows Vista Home Basic 64. I've swapped in a different drive with the
same result. I swapped a different cable, same results. The drive works
when I try to boot from the drive and try to repair from the Windows disk.
Are you aware of any drivers or updates or solutions to correct this
problem? Thank You.

See if you can go to either the computer manufactures website or the DVDs
website and find a driver for it. It appears the driver is either corrupted
or missing.

If you got the drive with your computer, try that computer manufactures
website first. if you bought and installed the drive yourself see if you have
a disk that came with it or check the manufacture of the drive website.

  • Re: How do I find Driver Causing System Crash?
    ... My device manager swears I'm using a logitech mouse (Logitech USB ... My video card is an ATi Radeon 9800. ... You receive a STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Windows XP-based ... verifier.exe click and see unsigned Driver and what they are. ...
  • Re: Unable to Access CD/DVD drives
    ... All is well with that machine -- I'm now wondering if the windows drivers are ... device manager and let windows redetect them. ... Here are the Driver Details: ... For both the Sony & TSSC Drives: ...
  • Re: Unable to Access CD/DVD drives
    ... the both CD-ROM and DVD drives, with green check marks at the same place. ... All is well with that machine -- I'm now wondering if the windows drivers are ... device manager and let windows redetect them. ... > Here are the Driver Details: ...
  • Re: How do I find Driver Causing System Crash?
    ... You receive a STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Windows XP-based ... If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace. ... Microsoft to find which driver is in conflict. ... Your Device Manager, by Right clicking MY Computer and select ...
  • RE: Interesting Issue when upgrading Dell Servers to Windows 2003 from Windows 2000
    ... "Code 39" in Device Manager means ... Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ... Interesting Issue when upgrading Dell Servers to Windows 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)