Re: Right sidebar on desktop

Hello,

If you just want to turn off Windows Sidebar, then this will show you
how to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81260-windows-sidebar-startup.html

You can also have the Sidebar open on the left side of the screen if
youl like to. See the screenshot under step 4 in the link above to
select that option.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

news.microsoft.com;863206 Wrote:
How is the sidebar that keeps popping up on the right hand side of the
desktop gotten rid of? It covers the icons I use on that side which,
unlike
in XP, will not stay where I place them.

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Right sidebar on desktop
    ... If that is not it above, then could you attach a screenshot of this to ... If you just want to turn off Windows Sidebar, ... This isn't the bar with the gadgets. ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ...
  • Re: Desktop wallpaper corrupted behind Sidebar
    ... strange problem where the desktop background is corrupted behind ... Windows Sidebar as in the screenshot below: ... Doesn't look corrupted to me are you sure this isn't just a transparency problem. ...
  • Re: Right sidebar on desktop
    ... If you just want to turn off Windows Sidebar, ... 'Windows Sidebar Startup' ... See the screenshot under step 4 in the link above to ... desktop gotten rid of? ...
  • Re: How To Open SideBar After You Have Closed It
    ... When I go to open it, it tells me "Windows Sidebar is managed by your ... administrator", ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Right sidebar on desktop
    ... If you just want to turn off Windows Sidebar, ... 'Windows Sidebar Startup' ... See the screenshot under step 4 in the link above to ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...