User profile service

Does anyone know how to deal with a logon problem. When starting Vista
after entering password, the screen shows User profile cannot log you
on. Would be grateful for any suggestions

--
lotus604

  • Re: Vista logon problem
    ... I have had this happen on XP and Vista with Windows Updates ... Safe Mode then System Restore looks to be least painful. ... "User profile service failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded", ...
  • Re: Joining local profile to domain on Vista client
    ... I don't think the method you describe could be made to work in Vista. ... At the very least you'd have to change the ownership of the user profile folders and give the user full control. ... log into the user.DOMAIN account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: User Profiles going from XP to Windows 7
    ... With Windows Vista the new profile version 2 was started, so the follwoing documents also apply for Windows 7. ... from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure. ... I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. ...
  • Re: Vista logon problem
    ... The links you gave refer to 'logon with temporary profile' or 'user profile ... Vista Basic 512mb Ram. ... There has only ever been 1 account, and at bootup the password for this ... I'm not familiar with Vista or creating accounts with logon passwords. ...
  • Re: Migrate User Profile on Vista Client when attaching to SBS2003 Domain
    ... Vista is still a long ways from release to be worrying about this IMHO. ... Michael Bryett wrote: ... The problem I have is when it comes to migrate the current user profile into ... Do I have to run the windows easy wizard off ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)