Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted

Uninstall the last update from Dell.

Or, sprtcmd.exe from starting on startup.
Start > Run
Type "msconfig.exe" without quotation marks.
Click OK
Go to Startup tab
Uncheck the sprtcmd box (to prevent popup).
Do not uncheck the dsca box (so DCS will continue to operate on Startup)
Click OK > Restart
After restarting, a System Configuration Utility window with message will
appear.
Check box so this message will not appear again when next restarting.

"e0d0d" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

So I started up my computer this morning and once I get to my desktop a
notification saying "sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file" and "The file or
directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and
unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

I ran the Chkdsk utility and nothing happened even in admin mode. I am
also blocked from restoring my computer and removing/repairing Dell
Support Center.

Any ideas?

I am using a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Ultimate if that helps

--
e0d0d

  • Re: MSCONFIG Items?
    ... MSCONFIG, I see a couple of items that I cannot figure out! ... No "Startup Item" Name ... is running, and you uncheck the box, and later you go into the program ... find something in the program preferences that will keep it from doing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Run DLL Error
    ... Uncheck the line to load the startup group. ... Then go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Explorer slow to load at startup
    ... It depends on what you have installed and automatically started at startup ... Dell Support and Crap programs? ... Placed needed Values from Run-Archive back in Run (e.g., Video apps, ... drive test which passes ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: slow XP problem
    ... Try Selective Startup and turn off all switches. ... I've taken out all the Dell specific utility ... > attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor, the software tells me that "the ...
  • Re: 0028:C181B73B
    ... To prevent the above programs from loading at startup: ... and then uncheck the following files. ... Only builds of NAVCE that specifically install the Intel AMS support ... Renaming the CBA folder is suggested. ...