Re: Windows Update bug: empty screen, button with no text

Reboot in Safe Mode and restore to a day before the Update.

"Dennisc1011" <dennisc1011@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FFA1ABA0-E59D-46AB-A1D4-24509EB12AFA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My vista Business's Windows Update has a bug, the screen always displays an empty screen with a button with no text. After click on the button, nothing happens. I simply cannot use Windows Update at all. Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks!

  • Re: Server Down
    ... Ran auto system restore which failed right at the end with The recovery ... I now had a server I could boot into but was very poorly. ... Reboot but DNS/DHCP probs so again did restore but just wins and dns folders. ... Same situation in safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: microsoft malicious software removal tool... useful?
    ... First, turn off 'system restore'. ... Then reboot into 'safe mode with networking'. ... Select safe mode with networking from the menu). ...
    (soc.culture.irish)
  • Re: Windows will not boot....
    ... Try booting safe mode and use restore from safe mode. ... "Ross." ... Normally Spybot would open after a reboot ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan/virus effects
    ... Malware removal: ... Reboot your computer and hold down the F8 key until the boot menu options ... Choose Safe Mode as your startup choice. ... create a new restore point. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Window XP Start up
    ... > Try going into Safe Mode and running System Restore to restore to a date ... > get you to the correct menu to choose Safe Mode. ... > Once you've done that and can successfully log into Windows in regular ... > mode (just reboot), then properly uninstall NAV. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)