Re: Windows Update bug: empty screen, button with no text

Reboot in Safe Mode and restore to a day before the Update.

"Dennisc1011" <dennisc1011@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FFA1ABA0-E59D-46AB-A1D4-24509EB12AFA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My vista Business's Windows Update has a bug, the screen always displays an empty screen with a button with no text. After click on the button, nothing happens. I simply cannot use Windows Update at all. Anyone know how to fix this??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Server Down
    ... Ran auto system restore which failed right at the end with The recovery ... I now had a server I could boot into but was very poorly. ... Reboot but DNS/DHCP probs so again did restore but just wins and dns folders. ... Same situation in safe mode. ...
  • Re: microsoft malicious software removal tool... useful?
    ... First, turn off 'system restore'. ... Then reboot into 'safe mode with networking'. ... Select safe mode with networking from the menu). ...
  • Re: Windows will not boot....
    ... Try booting safe mode and use restore from safe mode. ... "Ross." ... Normally Spybot would open after a reboot ...
  • Re: Trojan/virus effects
    ... Malware removal: ... Reboot your computer and hold down the F8 key until the boot menu options ... Choose Safe Mode as your startup choice. ... create a new restore point. ...
  • Re: Window XP Start up
    ... > Try going into Safe Mode and running System Restore to restore to a date ... > get you to the correct menu to choose Safe Mode. ... > Once you've done that and can successfully log into Windows in regular ... > mode (just reboot), then properly uninstall NAV. ...