Re: Preparing to install

Hi,

Click start and type regedit, hit <enter> and ok the uac prompt. Expand the branches to reach:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

Check for one that matches this, or export a copy of the key and send it to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org with a subject line of 'per req' and I'll take a look.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:31608215-8FA3-4988-9EAD-99BA12DB4DFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rick:

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the CleanUp program and tried to run
it. I get the message: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent
this installation." I am the only user of this computer and I am the
administrator. I tried right-clicking and run as administrator, but it still
says I do not have permission. Any advice on how I can get it to run? Thanks
again for your help.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Run the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for your quick response. There was nothing in the Startup tab for
the
Roxio program.

"mansrm81" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Check in msconfig and look in the startup tab and see if its listed if
it is uncheck it and restart.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep :D. Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mansrm81-albums-asdf-picture192-untitled.jpg]

.