Re: Preparing to install

Hi,

Click start and type regedit, hit <enter> and ok the uac prompt. Expand the branches to reach:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

Check for one that matches this, or export a copy of the key and send it to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org with a subject line of 'per req' and I'll take a look.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:31608215-8FA3-4988-9EAD-99BA12DB4DFE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rick:

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the CleanUp program and tried to run
it. I get the message: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent
this installation." I am the only user of this computer and I am the
administrator. I tried right-clicking and run as administrator, but it still
says I do not have permission. Any advice on how I can get it to run? Thanks
again for your help.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Run the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for your quick response. There was nothing in the Startup tab for
the
Roxio program.

"mansrm81" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Check in msconfig and look in the startup tab and see if its listed if
it is uncheck it and restart.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep :D. Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mansrm81-albums-asdf-picture192-untitled.jpg]

  • Re: Insufficient Privileges
    ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... Often times, the user thinks they are *the* administrator, when actually ... Just logging on with admin privileges is not enough. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Unexpected shutdown
    ... Right click the menu entry for Windows Explorer and choose 'run as administrator'. ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ...
    ... The security permissions on your Administrator or System accounts may have been modified thus denying you access to registry keys or files on the hard drive. ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... "Richard B. Gardner" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Recognizing administrator
    ... Disable your Norton software, then try again. ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... rerun this installation from an administrators account. ... administrator and there are no other users on my computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Insufficient Privileges
    ... Have you approached the software distributor with this ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... Often times, the user thinks they are *the* administrator, when actually ... Just logging on with admin privileges is not enough. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)