Re: Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

Hi,

Control Panel/Programs and Features, uninstall that which you do not want.

Keep in mind too that it only uses resources if it's actually loading at boot. While some programs do this, it doesn't mean all of them do. Disabling the ones that do will preserve your system resources just as well as uninstalling them. This is usually best done from within the settings of the individual programs, but you can also use Windows Defender (it's a part of Vista) or the system configuration utility (msconfig) to limit the boot load.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jim" <grammjr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:sPedndBnX5hZlWnVnZ2dnUVZ_rvinZ2d@xxxxxxxxx
I just bought an HP desktop and a Toshiba laptop both with Vista 64 Home Premium. Now I find out from Curcuit city that there is a bunch of oem pre-loaded software that will slow down the computer if it is not removed. It is add stuff they say... any clue where I can get a list of the stuff to remove. They tell me it will take the processes from 78 to about 25. They want $40 bucks to do it
Thanks
Jim

  • Re: Software program not loading
    ... Gordon Biggar wrote: ... mode, but evidently Windows does not permit an uninstall while in SAFE mode, or so the message read. ... Did you try pressing the F8 key when the computer boots and see if you can you boot the to the Last Known Good Configuration? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Boots, then freezes.
    ... I cannot uninstall anything in safe mode as I get a message the uninstaller ... same screen during boot as safe-mode options. ... Boot up using the Windows Vista DVD and use the built in memory tester ...
  • Re: Software program not loading
    ... The only one used is the one in the System32 folder, it's normal to have copies of this file in the other locations than you mention, these other ones are just backups and archived versions that are kept and stored in these various locations when updates to the file are made. ... Did you try pressing the F8 key when the computer boots and see if you can you boot the to the Last Known Good Configuration? ... I had unsuccessfully tried to uninstall the software that was giving me a problem. ... Now, when I boot up, I get the following system error message: "STOP Message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED." ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Blue screen winsrv not found
    ... 1st start the win boot screen, then reeboot again and again, i lefted for 2 ... I had to use method 4 via the recovery console to remove a failed, non-bootable SP 3 install recently. ... Once you run the uninstall from the recovery console and if the computer boots then, you may still need to uninstall SP 3 from the Control panel, Add/Remove Programs selection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Install 5.4 CD, Adaptec 2120S, aac0: Command Timeouts
    ... A different boot has a different hex prefix, 0xc3a16, but the same sequence of 16 trailing digits, 000 to 708. ... Scott Long responded to that one as a known issue being resolved. ... can't assign resources (port) ... can't assign resources (memory) ...
    (freebsd-stable)