Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

I just bought an HP desktop and a Toshiba laptop both with Vista 64 Home
Premium. Now I find out from Curcuit city that there is a bunch of oem
pre-loaded software that will slow down the computer if it is not removed.
It is add stuff they say... any clue where I can get a list of the stuff to
remove. They tell me it will take the processes from 78 to about 25. They
want $40 bucks to do it
Thanks
Jim

  • Re: OT Somebody warn me whats wrong with this laptop
    ... Because at that price, I'm mighty tempted to buy it: ... Anybody have any experience with Acer? ... The Acer has Vista Basic, the HP has Vista Premium. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Microsoft tries to polish a turd
    ... Toshiba laptop that I would never recommend anyone to use it. ... I actually got Vista to a useable state - meaning: ... NFS, Print Services, Windows Fax & Scan, Windows Meeting Space, Windows DFS ... You don't use removable storage? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Microsoft tries to polish a turd
    ... Toshiba laptop that I would never recommend anyone to use it. ... I actually got Vista to a useable state - meaning: ... Remote Differential Compression*, Removable storage management, Servives ... I was running SuSE 9.0 on it for a year or so, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Microsoft tries to polish a turd
    ... Toshiba laptop that I would never recommend anyone to use it. ... I actually got Vista to a useable state - meaning: ... Remote Differential Compression*, Removable storage management, Servives ... Linux will find enough of my hardware to make it useful. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Quad Cores and XP? UPDATE
    ... D9200 with the Quad Core Q6600 for $649.00 The Rep upgraded me from Home Vista to Home Premium for Free. ... The Rep couldn't get me XP as I wanted, but I checked over at the Dell Home site and they have the same deal with the XPS 410, Q6600 and XP ... Also I feel quite confident that I can put XP Pro on a new drive with the Quad core, since it's being offered over at Dell Home. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)