Re: Vista Complete Backup

Ok,now is clear.
I know, the same trick to sell products that don't work.
Using Windows 2000 and Norton Ghost and I can go back weeks before loading a
full backup clear without changes done in the partition or spyware viruses
installed.

Norton Ghost work on Vista32 Ultimate?

Thank you

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

I've used Complete PC Backup and found it simple to use; however it isn't
foolproof, in the sense that you can't access individual files from a
complete PC backup file. For this reason I not only use Complete PC Backup,
but I also use Acronis True Image.

Now getting back to your question. Complete PC Backup takes an image of your
hard drive/partition the very first time you use it (using your scenario we
will called that 'week 1') When you next create a backup (call that week 2)
Complete PC Backup on does an incremental backup, in other words, it only
backs up files that have changed since your initial backup image was
created. Your next backup (week 3) does the same, and so does the backup
after that (week 4). You are not going to get 4 separate full backup files.
You will only get one. As far as I know there is no option to create full
backups at each schedule backup point.

Because only incremental backups are performed if I want to create a full
backup again, I simply delete the current backup files from my removable
hard drive and then create a new one afresh. I must stress, however, that I
only allocate 25GB for my backups so, even if Complete PC Backup could
create new full backups each time I simply would have the room. I have,
however, created a full backup and then a week later run Complete PC backup
again and I has 'only' create an incremental backup.

At least with Acronis True Image you personally select whether you want a
full backup, Incremental, or otherwise.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Alberto" <Alberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't understand.

The complete backup of Vista Ultimate work like Norton Ghost?

If yes I can create multiple backup's of my Vista partition and Programs
partition once a week, 4 backup's saved in a month?

Regards
Alberto

"Tom W." wrote:

I think it just works like shadow copies, and when full the oldest shadow
copies will be deleted.

"Alberto" <Alberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Vista complete backup save only 1 backup.
If I backup after 1 week the previous backup is deleted.
I save my Vista Backup's on a reserved partition (175GB) of an external
hd.

Please let me know

Thanks

  • Re: About Vista Activation
    ... Vista Ultimate's Complete PC Backup will do the trick but I found that, after using it for a few months, it started telling me that the removable drive I use for backup did not have enough room. ... Windows XP Associate Expert ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...
  • NewestShareware.com Issue #160
    ... Program Name - Supported Platforms - Type - Category ... Vista Smoker Pro - Windows Vista - Utilities ... Ahsay Offsite Backup Server - All - Commercial ... Download file size: 1308 K ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: Acronis Plop-in Clone Success with Vista 64
    ... Vista seemed completely ... If my memory is correct, this number is low, in the single digits. ... inability to boot into Windows, ... Windows Backup and Restore for backup. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Vista Backup and Restore Center
    ... I've recently upgraded to a new PC with Vista installed, I've been using XP Professional for a few years and pretty much know the operating system inside out, my knowledge of Vista however is fairly good, but far from what I would call in-depth. ... After spending a fair amount of time reviewing the backup and restore options within Windows Vista, I'm left scratching my head wondering what on earth Microsoft were thinking when they designed this feature. ... If I want to backup just my 'Pictures' folder from the 'E' drive, I'm not allowed to do this - I have to backup every picture file from my main Windows installation drive 'C' without even having the option to select a) any other picture folders and/or files individually, and b) the option to backup to a drive and folder of my choice. ...