Re: Vista Complete Backup

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't understand.

The complete backup of Vista Ultimate work like Norton Ghost?

If yes I can create multiple backup's of my Vista partition and Programs
partition once a week, 4 backup's saved in a month?

Regards
Alberto

"Tom W." wrote:

I think it just works like shadow copies, and when full the oldest shadow
copies will be deleted.

"Alberto" <Alberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Vista complete backup save only 1 backup.
If I backup after 1 week the previous backup is deleted.
I save my Vista Backup's on a reserved partition (175GB) of an external
hd.

Please let me know

Thanks

  • Re: How to "wipe" ALL Mac files slack space?
    ... Vista partition is 48.7 GB ... Yep, my "bizarre" reason is to have a robust backup, that can recover my ... Vista partition, it is a combined backup of both partitions. ... KillDisk that would work on present day Intel Mac with its HFS+ file ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Laufwerk D auch in meinem Ordner
    ... Das war echter Murks. ... Und: existiert die Partition D: wieder? ... Du ohne Sachverstand an wichtigen Innereien von Vista herumgebogen hast. ... Das Backup stammt hoffentlich noch von vor der Verbiegerei. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration)
  • Re: NLS data is missing - cannot repair
    ... In my recent sad experience with a similar problem, caused by trying to install a second OS using System Commander, I could not reconstruct the MBR but all the data was on the hard drive. ... Sadly, in my instance, a recent backup of the entire hard drive was corrupted and unusable, a common occurrence with backup software as well as Windows System Restore. ... The only problem might be with programs that have to be activated, like Vista, Office and Photoshop but those Indian call centers are usually cooperative as they celebrate the American and European jobs they have taken. ... As you are aware it would be unwise to reinstall Vista in the same partition as it will wipe your drive; it would also be unwise to create a new partition on that drive using partitioning software as that may make the drive unreadable. ...
  • Re: Windows Vista Backup and Restore Center
    ... I've recently upgraded to a new PC with Vista installed, I've been using XP Professional for a few years and pretty much know the operating system inside out, my knowledge of Vista however is fairly good, but far from what I would call in-depth. ... After spending a fair amount of time reviewing the backup and restore options within Windows Vista, I'm left scratching my head wondering what on earth Microsoft were thinking when they designed this feature. ... If I want to backup just my 'Pictures' folder from the 'E' drive, I'm not allowed to do this - I have to backup every picture file from my main Windows installation drive 'C' without even having the option to select a) any other picture folders and/or files individually, and b) the option to backup to a drive and folder of my choice. ...
  • Re: Free Space Monster (episode 2)
    ... small image backup of a Vista partition on their Intel Macs. ... Conventional backup methods like using the Vista version of Ghost will ... backup more in line with a 3MB file system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)