Re: Vista Complete Backup

I think it just works like shadow copies, and when full the oldest shadow copies will be deleted.

"Alberto" <Alberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F395EBAE-93B3-4A12-8AC0-5DFB67859118@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Vista complete backup save only 1 backup.
If I backup after 1 week the previous backup is deleted.
I save my Vista Backup's on a reserved partition (175GB) of an external hd.

Please let me know

Thanks

  • Re: "volume shadow copying" from,the command line?
    ... it gives instructions on how to backup live virtual machines. ... Software Development Kit) to create shadow copies and then mount one ... understanding the VSS works differently in the server OS than in Vista. ... I have not used this on Vista, but have used a third party program to expose the shadow copies on Vista in order to restore a PST. ...
  • RE: Backup Failure and Other Errors
    ... I understand that the backup task failed after a hard ... it is time-out Errors which Occur in Volume Shadow Copy ... Service Writers ... service writers (programs such as SQL, Exchange Server, operating system ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: sbs backup / volume shadow copy problem
    ... You know Dan, if just reapplying SBS 2003 SP1 doesn't fix it, it may be at ... I'm running the wizard from the Server Management app. ... there were two other options under Configure Backup; ... Volume Shadow Copy space requirements. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VSS Error 12293 & 7001
    ... In the ''Shadow copies'' tab, ... Shadow copy tasks appear similar to "VSS ... What's the backup program you are using? ... Do you use the SBS backup ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 shadow copy
    ... Thanks for posting in our newsgroup and also for Michael's input. ... backup and the shadow copy services stops and the backup fails. ... Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)