Re: How do I restore autoplay?

Hi,

Check your settings in the Control Panel under Autoplay. The drive may be enabled, but your settings may be set to "take no action".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A9B71A1B-C4A1-4FB3-886D-A77BE2C6A3DE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me with a list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't autoplay. How can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

  • Re: What happened ?
    ... Check your settings here: ... This window suddenly NO longer opens,as my skills are in the ... Here's a program from Microsoft that may help fix your problem. ... Autoplay Repair Wizard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CD autorun problem
    ... I have checked the options in the control panel for autoplay but there is still no response when I insert a disk. ... Have you checked the autoplay settings in the Control Panel? ... Rick Rogers, ...
  • Re: How do I restore autoplay?
    ... I don't have Roxio. ... but your settings may be set to "take no action". ... Rick Rogers, ... I have gone into properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. ...
  • Re: AutoRun messed up (CD & DVD drives)
    ... boxes to enable/disable Autoplay. ... If non of the above fix the problem, then there is the 'Autoplay Repair Wizard' ... now when I put a CD or DVD disc in my "D" or "E" drives I see no "choices" window where I always was able to choose what software I want to run with. ... I do know about setting autorun in "my computer", "drive properties", "autorun settings". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT - how to disable autoplay
    ... |>in TweakUI ... AutoPlay you get 3 sub-items. ... settings have always worked for me. ... but personally I don't want more detailed control. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)