How do I restore autoplay?

Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me with a list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't autoplay. How can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

  • RE: Music
    ... First, reboot your computer. ... If that doesn't fix your problem, ... possible that autoplay is either turned off or misconfigured. ... and select the type of file that the disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: Need AutoPlay, but need to suppress AutoPlay Events Programati
    ... When a CD/DVD is inserted the CD/DVD ... > Properties window popups up and steals focus. ... > all disk types. ... Autorun and Autoplay are based on the Shell Hardware Detection ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CD/DVD drive wont refresh
    ... You can re-enable the autoplay feature again if you wish, ... that you may have your doubts about, backup your registry.. ... autoplay featureon the CD/DVD drives, may be part of the problem.. ... CD/DVD combo drives will not reflect the new disk (i.e. installing my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CD drive wont refresh
    ... Where is the registry setting for CD/DVD notification? ... I'm familiar with autoplay. ... autoplay featureon the CD/DVD drives, may be part of the problem.. ... WIN XP SP2 displays the volume name of the FIRST disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Need AutoPlay, but need to suppress AutoPlay Events Programati
    ... window popups up and steals focus. ... regardless of CD/DVD disk content. ... I often use AutoRun and AutoPlay interchangebly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)