Re: Please help.... can't delete files

"news.microsoft.com" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eg2VO8%23KJHA.5060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:udsWFCKKJHA.3936@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"news.microsoft.com" <anon@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OZyGhBHKJHA.5060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.

I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no
longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
"safety" features in control of my PC?

How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to do almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows and OWN my own machine?

An administrator user on Vista does not have full Administrator rights for security reasons.

Fight click Windows Explorer and choose Run as Administrator. Now try deleting the files.

That option is NOT there when right clicking on WE.

It won't be if your user account is an administrator.....(against all good practice....)

.