Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:05:13 +0100, "Gordon"
<gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"DDW" <dd.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:30:39 +0100, "Gordon"
<gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"JohnJ" <theislands@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I had no problems installing Office 97 on either computer I have, using
Vista Home Premium. It is working great, even including Outlook in the
install.

Why would you even BOTHER with Office 97 when Open Office 2.4 and
Thunderbird 2 are SO much better and FREE?

Your opinion, bozo.

Maybe the OP installed it because it's a familiar product that meets
the needs.

Ya THINK???

Hmm An Office suite that is TEN years old, is clunky, has many security
holes, is just plain OLD. Has far less functions than OO and more
importantly, has had NO updates for YEARS....do I need to go on?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

DDW
No email please

  • Re: Office 2007 vs Open Office
    ... programs and your suggestions to use Open Office where is it appropriate. ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: me&xp home conflict?
    ... Yeah yeah, ... Why should you bother being coherent; it's my job to decipher your ... Grammar check. ... HOW TO Install Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Trying to update to Outlook 2003 distroyed my computer
    ... if i understand you correctly everytime u open office application you ... windows installer prompt then try this. ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... || install dialog box. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Upgrade from Office 2003 to SB2007
    ... Running XP Home, install went well, Outlook 07 is fine, when I open Office I ... creates a error and want s to report it over and over One Note 03 is fine ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97
    ... Vista Home Premium. ... even including Outlook in the install. ... Why would you even BOTHER with Office 97 when Open Office 2.4 and Thunderbird 2 are SO much better and FREE? ...