Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97

"DDW" <dd.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f742f4lcm1q3lmgmfj9r4dfhqabekau2v8@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:30:39 +0100, "Gordon"
<gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"JohnJ" <theislands@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I had no problems installing Office 97 on either computer I have, using
Vista Home Premium. It is working great, even including Outlook in the
install.

Why would you even BOTHER with Office 97 when Open Office 2.4 and
Thunderbird 2 are SO much better and FREE?

Your opinion, bozo.

Maybe the OP installed it because it's a familiar product that meets
the needs.

Ya THINK???

Hmm An Office suite that is TEN years old, is clunky, has many security holes, is just plain OLD. Has far less functions than OO and more importantly, has had NO updates for YEARS....do I need to go on?

  • Re: Outlook Express vanishes
    ... > loaded including all current patches for Outlook Express. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: Migrating Email from Windows XP to Windows 7
    ... I was hoping to find a way to install ... Outlook Express and then export from XP and import directly to the ... computer I installed Mozilla Thunderbird. ... g. on a memory stick) they are? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Is a solution to the Failed to connect to server/Answer for Sloan
    ... I'm afraid that I'm not knowledgeable about Outlook with BCM to be helpful. ... These are the repeated install errors I had when I tried to get ... > I have never used the LIS tool, but I believe that's not what you ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: msimn.exe when i try to open outlook express
    ... > after doing that outlook express will not open. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express problems after installing SP2
    ... But everytime, Outlook closes. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...