Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97

"Ex_Brit" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dc46dc909a88ee2ef107fcdb1f787077@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Office 97 is not compatible so don't try installing _any_ part of it.
You could use Open Office, it's free. Use Google to search for it.
If you need Word and/or Excel viewers they are available for a free
download at Microsoft's website.
Office 2007 Home & Student can be obtained online at reasonable
prices...check eBay, Amazon etc.
That comes with Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote and Word plus various tools.

--
Ex_Brit

::*-Peter-*::
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP3 & Vista Ultimate SP1
P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD

I had no problems installing Office 97 on either computer I have, using Vista Home Premium. It is working great, even including Outlook in the install.

But another promising free office suite is 5th Element, http://ssuite5element.webs.com/thefifthelement.htm

John

.