Vista Ultimate Blue screen with bad disk. Now what?

Crashed with bad disk indicated.
Interestingly I had a few flashes of a solid blue screen once in a while
over the past two days. Must have been a warning of impending doom.
Ran Vista SP1 boot up from CD ( I use F12 to select boot device)
Selected language
selected "Repair Your Computer"
Skipped "Load Drivers"
But I did explore this and saw all drives and folders present.
Ran repair at "Startup Repair"

Ran successfully.
Checked Diagnostic and Repair Details.
"The Partition Table does not have a valid system partition.
Partition table repair
Completed successfully
Error code 0x0
took 51 sec.

System Disk=\Device\HardDisk1

ReStarted on my command
but still will not boot from hard disk.

So now the interesting part and maybe where I can get in if someone can help
and or confirms my thoughts.
I have too much to do all over agains and the AUTOMATIC BACKUP kept NOT
running. Another problem to fix.

Anyway, looking at the folders when the "Load Driver" opportunity came up
during this repair process:
The hard disks are all there but C: was not C:.
The D: shown is actually the C: (boot) drive.
Two other drives looked OK.
What is up with this?
These are all SATA drives.
Do I need to switch cables to the motherboard so the repair process sees the
physical C: drive as C: or do I use the BIOS to change things?
As I said earier, all drives seem to be fully there but maybe tjhe repair sw
is confused about what drive to boot or what drive to repair.
There is no choice to select a drive to repair that I can see.
What next?
Suggestions please. (this is my Media Center TV too)
Sorry for the double posting but I just discovered this newsgroup for
maintenance.

  • Re: Inaccessible_Boot_Device
    ... I decided to re-run the repair procedure. ... "inaccessible boot device," I selected Fixboot. ... I do a total disk backup to an external CD about every three months (takes ... switch drives, and attempt to copy folders/files to an external hard ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Disk Utility and Disk Repair
    ... Now the repair button is grayed ... then hold down T at startup on one of them to boot into Firewire ... Target Disk mode, you can boot the other Mac and Mac OS X will mount ... If you have the installation CD/DVD, all you need to do is boot from the installation CD/DVD, then run Disk Utility from the menu bar, and repair the problem disk. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Activity lamp permanently on
    ... recognise both cd and dvd drives - they do not appear ... is installed. ... while a repair install should leave your data ... >Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: system recovery/repair and retention of data on other drives
    ... install some programs and some programs are glitching. ... you attempt any repair. ... it up every week to an independent disk. ... external drives, a repair/evern restore should not affect them in those ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: disk boot failure
    ... The error "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and restart" indicates the ... Usually a "repair" corrects the problem - I may repeat info of which you are ...