Re: Desktop & taskbar not showing up and as a result a number of p

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:38:01 -0700, Richard
<Richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately this solution does not work for Windows XP.

Are you lost? This isn't an XP discussion area.

Jumping in, because he may not be back as soon, and I believe I
see what happened.

If I read his message correctly, the Shell REG_SZ value in his
case had something appended. It was:

Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Config\csrss.exe

I'm almost tempted to test that, because it looks to me as if it
might have worked as well. But according to the original poster
it didn't. Perhaps explorer.exe doesn't like that parameter.

Anyway, he essentially wrote that he removed that second part
and left only explorer.exe in place, and it worked.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

  • Re: Desktop & taskbar not showing up and as a result a number of p
    ... Unfortunately this solution does not work for Windows XP. ... Jumping in, because he may not be back as soon, and I believe I ... If I read his message correctly, the Shell REG_SZ value in his ... But according to the original poster ...
  • Re: How top-heavy were the Albanys?
    ... The question is whether she lost commensurate weight ... a talos was as heavy as a 16 inch shell. ... folks reading the post had an idea of what u.s.n.heavy cruisers were armed ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: int86() and union REGS
    ... That was a typo BUT your ORIGINAL reply, talked about function 13h while the ... original poster clearly stated: ... void func(void) ... because -you- are lost. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Help:- Isolation Transformer 240 - 110V
    ... hi rich, ... secondary winding center tapped to earth, therebye giing 55 V max to ... i am not the original poster the thread got lost somewhere along the ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Gee Why dont you teach then! Help out the community.
    ... This is directed at the original poster (sorry, I lost the thread). ... introduction, inspection, involvement, road block, trial and error, ... The communication part had to come after all the rest, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)