Re: Desktop & taskbar not showing up and as a result a number of p

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:38:01 -0700, Richard
<Richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately this solution does not work for Windows XP.

Are you lost? This isn't an XP discussion area.

Jumping in, because he may not be back as soon, and I believe I
see what happened.

If I read his message correctly, the Shell REG_SZ value in his
case had something appended. It was:

Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Config\csrss.exe

I'm almost tempted to test that, because it looks to me as if it
might have worked as well. But according to the original poster
it didn't. Perhaps explorer.exe doesn't like that parameter.

Anyway, he essentially wrote that he removed that second part
and left only explorer.exe in place, and it worked.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

.