Re: System restore won't work

It does work in Safe Mode, but it is just a pain to reboot the computer to
get it into Safe Mode to do this, especially when it used to work in Windows.
It seems a lot of the problems started popping up when I installed the first
service pack for Vista.
Any help from whoever is reading this would be appreciated. Thanks

Rick

"Warren DesJardins" wrote:

"Rick" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Additionally, I am not running Norton antivirus, but do have Zone Alarm
running. I have tried exiting Zone Alarm and running a restore, but to no
avail.

Rick

Why not just run it in safe mode then? Whatever works.

"Warren DesJardins" wrote:

"Rick" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, I am running Vista 32 bit, and I cannot get system restore to run
under
Windows, it will run in Safe Mode, and restore points are being made
successfully. I just cannot get System Restore to run under windows,I
keep
gertting an error message that states that sytem restore was
unsucessful.
After doing some reading on the newsgroups, I have discovered that
somehow
the Systems Restore Services has been deleted. Any ideas how to remedy
this
problem without having to use my Vista install disk and running a
repair
function through it.

Thanks.

Rick

I'm having the same problem but it's another window's bug since it does
the
restore. I'm growing to despise Vista rapidly.

  • Re: cOOL
    ... >>All scans should be done in Safe Mode. ... > ISPs that scan for currently-known malware, ... > You can only presume the most recent restore point to be clean if you ... Sometimes I'll even disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: System restore wont restore
    ... I now find that when I do a system restore in Safe Mode, ... it'll then reboot into normal mode. ...
  • Re: System restore wont restore
    ... The only way I can somehow get it to go back into Normal Mode is to do ANOTHER system restore in Safe Mode to yet an earleir time..say a day ago. ... I can run a system restore in Normal Mode [Now that I've downgraded my ZASS to an earlier version], but I get stuck But if try SR in Safe Mode, the PC wont reboot normally. ...
  • Re: System Restore in Safe Mode prevents normal reboot
    ... Which Restore Point did you select? ... issues with System Restore again. ... in "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" merely brings up the the exact ... Normal Mode unitl I ran that SR "TEST" yesterday. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System restore wont restore
    ... I now find that when I do a system restore in Safe Mode, the PCwont reboot. ...