Re: System restore won't work

It does work in Safe Mode, but it is just a pain to reboot the computer to
get it into Safe Mode to do this, especially when it used to work in Windows.
It seems a lot of the problems started popping up when I installed the first
service pack for Vista.
Any help from whoever is reading this would be appreciated. Thanks

Rick

"Warren DesJardins" wrote:

"Rick" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Additionally, I am not running Norton antivirus, but do have Zone Alarm
running. I have tried exiting Zone Alarm and running a restore, but to no
avail.

Rick

Why not just run it in safe mode then? Whatever works.

"Warren DesJardins" wrote:

"Rick" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, I am running Vista 32 bit, and I cannot get system restore to run
under
Windows, it will run in Safe Mode, and restore points are being made
successfully. I just cannot get System Restore to run under windows,I
keep
gertting an error message that states that sytem restore was
unsucessful.
After doing some reading on the newsgroups, I have discovered that
somehow
the Systems Restore Services has been deleted. Any ideas how to remedy
this
problem without having to use my Vista install disk and running a
repair
function through it.

Thanks.

Rick

I'm having the same problem but it's another window's bug since it does
the
restore. I'm growing to despise Vista rapidly.

.