Re: System restore won't work

"Rick" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:82456E62-ECC8-4EF6-8D00-657861F4290F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Additionally, I am not running Norton antivirus, but do have Zone Alarm
running. I have tried exiting Zone Alarm and running a restore, but to no
avail.

Rick

Why not just run it in safe mode then? Whatever works.

> Hi, I am running Vista 32 bit, and I cannot get system restore to run
> under
> Windows, it will run in Safe Mode, and restore points are being made
> successfully. I just cannot get System Restore to run under windows,I
> keep
> gertting an error message that states that sytem restore was > unsucessful.
> After doing some reading on the newsgroups, I have discovered that > somehow
> the Systems Restore Services has been deleted. Any ideas how to remedy
> this
> problem without having to use my Vista install disk and running a > repair
> function through it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rick

I'm having the same problem but it's another window's bug since it does the
restore. I'm growing to despise Vista rapidly.

  • Re: Vista business recommended?
    ... What is the general opinion about Vista Business? ... The first scan turned up 200+ infections, including an alarming Application.007_Keylogger, with a High threat rating. ... I then tried to restore all the files in quarantine, only to find the quarantine hold was empty. ... I then used System Restore to restore to an earlier point. ...
  • Re: Install/Uninstall Program Trouble
    ... I have a running dialogue with one of the Microsoft TechNet moderators at the Windows Vista IT Pro forum/Windows Vista Applications. ... Just bought a refurbished Asus Essentio and tried to install Office 2007, ... >restore point, in case you want to go back to before you did the ... >if system restore is not functioning properly), ...
  • Re: WMP 11: I click and nothing! [Vista RANT]
    ... I definitely would not use a System Restore disk, ... using the Vista install CD if at all possible. ... there will be utterly no ability to reinstall Windows Media Player as ... OEM version of Vista that came preinstalled on my notebook. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: VISTA RESTORE...part 2
    ... Running Vista Home Prem 32BIT ... What is the default HDD space Vista Reserves for System Restore Points? ...
  • Re: System Restore gripe
    ... see this on how to recover lost space in vista> http://computerboom.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-clean-up-lost-space-in-windows.html ... They cannot change that fact because its how system restore works.. ... Use the disk cleanup utility to reclaim lost space ...