Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

"philipcfromnyc" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5278922ef8edf085d732fef8b5882b8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I write this in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.

I have an Acer Aspire 5520 AMD Turion 64 x 2 (2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM) (Vista
Home Premium) which I purchased about six months ago. I loaded a lot of
software onto this machine; however, I do not run much software at any
given time. I have a serious problem.

Without warning and without predictability, the mouse pointer goes
berserk, and the pointer moves, jerkily, all over the screen. This
results in applications being triggered, windows being reduced in size,
applications being terminated, and general shambles.

I have scanned my hard drive for scumware, spyware, and other forms of
malware -- and every scan is negative. I use RegistryCleanerPro to
check the registry (this tool cost me about £35.00), and every scan is
negative for errors. This problem is driving me crazy, and I have no
idea what I should do to resolve it.

My mouse is a standard, no-frills optical mouse by Technika (model
TKOPTM2), which I bought from a store such as Tesco (I cannot remember
exactly where I got the mouse, but there is nothing special about it).

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get around this
problem? Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a generic
set of optical mouse drivers that I can download? If so, I would be
very grateful if somebody would tell me where I can find these drivers.

I eagerly await feedback. I can be reached at philipchandler DOMAIN
earthlink period net.

Thank you,

PHILIP CHANDLER

--
philipcfromnyc

Just for the heck of it move the antenna real close to the mouse if it works better its a bad antenna. I had kind of the same problem you had,and when I moved the mouse close to the antenna it worked fine. that means you will have to buy a complete new mouse setup with antenna

.