Re: Vista x64 Horribly Choppy and Slow

If the # of CPUs at boot did not help, the you can uncheck it to set it
back to the default settings. It will not hurt anything to leave it set
either way. Some people see a performance increase while others do not
with this.

Have you already uninstalled and reinstalled your drivers to see if one
of them was corrupted?

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Error 0x800A0046
    ... Boot to Safe Mode,, access the built in Admin account, open the System Configuration Utility, disable all HP Services and Startup items. ... the "change settings" option was greyed so I couldn't choose it. ... Enables the download and installation of Windows updates. ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Hive-based registry setting
    ... >; END HIVE BOOT SECTION ... > HD may contain system registry; ... >>> later in the file can overwrite settings from earlier in the file. ...
  • Re: Power failure - Update
    ... I went to she my friend today and I started the PC today with the boot ... all data and settings are gone. ... I found me an old floppy and indeed it seems to work. ... Most all of the motherboard cmos settings ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Encrypted file system without initial password:
    ... It works OK but my question is, can one make it boot ... This was not a question about potential root exploits. ... These settings can then be password-protected in the BIOS ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: cant set default home page
    ... > Tools/Internet Options and reset web settings and now my ... If so, uncheck it. ... Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning! ... When you reboot, you should be able to change the home page again. ...