Vista x64 Horribly Choppy and Slow

Alright So I just recently built a new Machine with vista 64 bit home
premium and I'm having all kinds of speed issues. Videos are just
outrageously choppy and browsing around on mozilla gives me a few hang
ups here and there. I'm pretty sure I have everything updated too,
including graphic and audio drivers.

AMD Phenom 9950 X4 2.82 GHz
4 GB G-Skill Ram (2 X 2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
1 TB Western Digital Caviar
Gigabyte GA-MA 790GP-DS4H Mobo

Not sure if this matters but Windows Experience Index is 5.6
(Everything is 5.9 except for the hard drive which was 5.6)

Games Run Great including Oblivion without choppiness, But just about
everything I do on vista is killing me and horribly choppy.

--
RPGexpert

  • Re: OT Vista Blues
    ... using of the hundreds of PostScript printer drivers that come with Windows ... I have an MSDN copy of Vista Ultimate. ... Videos are everywhere, it's a sign of the times. ... suffered heavy casualties in marketing the product because of it. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Playing videos online with media player
    ... What Zach said is if you have Vista, you may now find that when trying ... been trying to view these videos say that they require WMP and that I have ... It's not obvious these videos *must* be media player from your ... Digital Media MVP: 2004-2008 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player.web)
  • Re: OT Somebody warn me whats wrong with this laptop
    ... Because at that price, I'm mighty tempted to buy it: ... Anybody have any experience with Acer? ... The Acer has Vista Basic, the HP has Vista Premium. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Quad Cores and XP? UPDATE
    ... D9200 with the Quad Core Q6600 for $649.00 The Rep upgraded me from Home Vista to Home Premium for Free. ... The Rep couldn't get me XP as I wanted, but I checked over at the Dell Home site and they have the same deal with the XPS 410, Q6600 and XP ... Also I feel quite confident that I can put XP Pro on a new drive with the Quad core, since it's being offered over at Dell Home. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: WindowsMediaPlayer
    ... selbstverständlich lasse ich Videos laufen. ... Nachdem ich Vista zuvor ... Mit dem jungfräulichen WMP hab ich keine DVD zum Laufen gekriegt. ... Aber keine DVD. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.bedienung)