Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Hello Sandcracker,

other than the suggestions from the other posters, if you have a large
primary hard disk with space spare you could create a second partition
and use this as a temporary backup location.

This would not be a long term solution as if the disk ever failed it
would of course effect both your main and backup partition.

there is a good step by step here ...

'Zolved - Can I create a new Drive or Partition in Windows Vista?'
(http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/25298/Can_I_create_a_new_Drive_or_Partition_in_Windows_Vista)
hope this helps

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert

  • Re: Expanding a Windows 2000 Partition
    ... > setup on the primary hard disk. ... Over time the amount of data stored in the ... > user partition has been growing and basically the partition I use to store ... sure it will run on a server before you buy it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Expanding a Windows 2000 Partition
    ... setup on the primary hard disk. ... Over time the amount of data stored in the ... user partition has been growing and basically the partition I use to store ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Recover my XPe image
    ... Even though I vote for the bootsector.DOS loaded by ntldr solution (the code is definitely really simple and just a few INT 13 ... there are many solutions as Slobodan mentioned. ... In one of "high level" approaches where I did not have a full control of the hardware (could not change partition layout), ... > This code would use int 13 for reading from second partition and writing to first partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Xp Reload failure
    ... that partition, with only Windows and applications on the first partition. ... That second partition may not need to be reformatted. ... then she can boot from the WinXP CD-ROM and clean ... install WinXP on C:, reformatting just the first partition in the process. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Where is best for the page file?
    ... The result is that every time Windows needs to use the page file, the time to get to it and back from it is increased. ... Putting the swap file on a second *physical* drive is a good idea, since it decreases head movement, but not to a second partition on a single drive. ... Also I like the dedicated partition idea which I used until my most recent rebuild. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)