Re: I really reallly need help. System restore

jordzzz;856472 Wrote:
i have an oldish laptop, it works fine. but quite along time ago now, i
systemed restore it to make it faster like it has done in the past by
gettin
rid of unwanted stuff. and i turned my laptop off half the way through
it
now when it loads it will load up until the windows xp and my log in
screen
however
it comes up with a pop up box with the title of
bcmwltry.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because WINNET.dll wa not found.
re
installing the application may fix this problem.
i dont know what to do i cant get on anyting. helppp

Hi,

This is not an XP forum , but I did find this link - suggest you first
try the sfc command , with any luck that will do the job

'Missing Microsoft Windows .dll files.'
(http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000749.htm)

Hope that helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Blue Screen ... HELP ME PLZ
    ... hey can anyone help me please ... ... sometimes when i?m using my laptop a ... blue screen comes up and re-boots my computer. ... when it loads back up i ...
  • repartitioning USB Storage and U3
    ... When I plug it in on my wife's win2k laptop it loads up fine and starts ... I'm guessing this is the U3 crap annoying me again. ... I got rid of some nonessential files on the drive, ... I'm a linux newbie and not too familiar with cfdisk or mkfs. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • stupid searchbar wont go away
    ... Managed to get rid of loads and get rid of Trojans and whatnot. ... the system tray bar, ...
  • cpu frequency scaling:ignore_nice_load
    ... I have a Core 2 Duo laptop and I am trying to turn ... off "ignore nice loads" when the laptop is on AC power, ... echo "Just set cpu freq to not ignore nice."; ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: FOAK: MSN Messenger help
    ... Messenger on her laptop which causes the text she types to appear ... animated with loads of emoticons and other bollocks. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)