Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

Was the mouse which started the problem a new one? If so, and you
installed a new driver try booting into Safe Mode, and uninstalling the
mouse driver from Device Manager, it might be that "ghost" drivers are
causing trouble.( You could try this anyway, it won't hurt as Vista will
re-install it's generic driver)

--
NormCameron

  • Re: Ive got the same problem and restoring the system to an earlier d
    ... booting) you can also try rolling back on the driver in safe mode if normal ... Windows Update that is downloaded automatically. ... Booting into Safe Mode, then ... Creative Audigy soundcard driver from Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SNP2SXP.SYS
    ... The problem would seem to arise from your use of the Inca Webcam. ... Has the problem occurred since uninstalling? ... A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. ... FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: re-instating PnP software device enumerator ?
    ... Brian A. Sesko ... If there's a restore point set to when you uninstalled the driver select it, ... otherwise it's a shot in the dark to select a point prior to uninstalling. ... thanks for answering but PnP enum.... ...
  • Re: mup.sys hangup on boot
    ... > During a reboot today my system had a hangup. ... I found a post that said to disable the mup.sys driver. ... This is a common misconception when booting into Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: Error 1063 - Repeated Activation Request
    ... I could then target my driver reinstall. ... Uninstalling the Keyboard, for example, does not result in the ... to 'Uninstall' then 'scan for hardware changes' on each of the device ...