Re: strange Vista behavior that just started---screen blackouts with no relation to UAC

Mike--
Thanks for your response. Sadly, it seems that I was unable to establish any relation between the Logitech and the problem. I removed
the drivers from the startup as you suggested, and I unplugged the
Logitech device that broadcasts to the keyboard and mouse. I plugged in an ordinary USB (wired) mouse, and rebooted.
The problem still remains, although sometimes it takes a few minutes to trigger it. To recap, I click on the start menu and hover with the mouse over the various menu items. Eventually that triggers the screen blackout, which lasts roughly 5 seconds. This is driving me nuts. Particularly, when I want to scroll down the list of programs to find something.
Am I doomed to wiping the disk clean and starting over again with vista? I do not have the time nor the patience to remove individual software programs (or drivers) one by one to try to find the culprit.

--Howard

P.S. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (with the latest vista driver), and my monitor is (which is a Sun 24.1" LCD Monitor v4)
uses a generic PnP Monitor driver for vista. I installed the monitor five months ago, so it has been working fine long before this problem surfaced.

Mike wrote:
Is your logitech software loading at startup? Run msconfig from the start menu. Click the Startup tab and look for logitech programs. Uncheck the logitech modules. Click on OK. Then reboot. Your logitech programs and drivers should not be running now. See if that isolates the problem to logitech. If so see: http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/150128-logitech-g7-wireless-mouse-problems.html , and google for more with "logitech", "wireless", "problem", "hang", etc. You'll probably find an answer. Also go to the logitech site and make sure you have the latest software and drivers for your devices.