Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

barman58;856174 Wrote:
Hi sandcracker,

What that article is saying is that you need to replace any dll files
that are shown in the file. and giving you the instructions to be
followed in the Administrator CMD prompt that you've used before, that
will enable these files, which are normally protected, to be replaced.

as you have to source these files to replace the corrupt ones the
easiest method would be a working copy of vista of the same type (Home,
Ultimate with or without SP1 etc) if you have access to another machine.

If you cannot do this this link may help you find the files you need.

'DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files.'
(http://www.dll-files.com/)

Unfortunately, if you have a lot of files this will be a rather
involved process, and with a lot of files it may be easier to perform a
repair install. :(

'Repair Install For Vista '
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html)

Hope this explains things

i am not 100% comfertable deleting and reinstalling system files,
should I do the repair install you have listed? it seems pretty
straightforward. Will this remove any of my games/saves? Or much more
importantly my music collection?

--
sandcracker21

  • Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!
    ... What that article is saying is that you need to replace any dll files ... and giving you the instructions to be ... 'Repair Install For Vista ' ...
  • Re: Repair install?
    ... IE does not work in real mode without add ons either. ... I followed the instructions in the Microsoft KB article. ... You can do a repair install as in XP ***if you are in Windows Vista. ...
  • Re: Login/Logoff loop
    ... Try running a repair install as follows and make sure to note the part of ... the instructions with regard to booting from the XP CD. ... system is set to boot from the CD drive as specified in the instructions, ... Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. ...
  • Re: DVD problem
    ... On first boot Vista wanted me to activate due to the new hardware config so I did, with hindsight maybe I would have been better off doing a repair install, as I am now concerned a repair install will require activation this could be a problem with Microsoft maybe?. ... MoBo MSI K9 NEO V3, ... WD SATA HDD, Pioneer SATA DVD ...
  • Re: new pc
    ... re-install, as well ... I use Vista home premium ... I recommend Acronis true image. ... I understand that Vista is different, can you not do a repair install ...