Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

barman58;856061 Wrote:
Hello sandcracker, and welcome to the vista forums,:party:

*findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt*> > everything you have done is correct but you now need to open the file
that the above instruction created. reopen the cmd prompt as before
and type *sfcdetails.txt* and a list of the faults should open.

Alternatively type *%windir%\logs\cbs *into the start menu search bar
and search for sfcdetails.txt manually

hope this helps

well now I have the sfcdetails opened in a notepad window, but I am not
sure what to do next. I can see the ones that seem to be 'broken' but
how do I fix them?

I read this but it does not make much sense to me 'Some Windows Vista
functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop responding'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833)

sorry, I am only intermediate with computer and new to Vista

--
sandcracker21
.