Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

I tred using a different mouse, and obtained the same results. Both
mice were optical mice. While both mice were relatively cheap, it does
appear that the mice were not the cause of the problem (what are the
odds of two mice from different manufacturers malfunctioning with
exactly the same symptoms?). The surface on which they rest is smooth.

Does anybody have a link to a page where I can download generic mouse
drivers?

Thank you in advance for any help that you may give me...

PHILIP CHANDLER

--
philipcfromnyc

  • Re: HP 530 LInux Mouse Cursor Problem
    ... The problem is with optical mice, ... the problem seems to be related to the motion sensing ... the mouse cursor will also jump over wider distances. ... but older non-laser optical mice are ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: [opensuse] SuSE10.3 mouse and keyboard still locking up
    ... The jumping is something I have seen before with early optical mice. ... A blank sheet of white paper seems to be the best for these older mice. ... As to the router, yes, I think it could be a problem for your wireless mouse, ... as could your wireless telephone and anything else that ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: mouse pad?
    ... These days the edges are scotch taped down since they started curling ... I used it with regular ball mice and optical mice (both brand X types ... Maybe you got a bad one, or are thinking of another brand of pad. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: [OT] Mice (was: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse)
    ... I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice: ... There's no reason that an optical mouse has to be wireless. ... wired optical mice for ages now and love the fact they they never ... As for not working on clear surfaces, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Need a mouse mat - seriously
    ... It's useless for optical mice, and mechanical mice get furry balls far too quickly and need cleaning too often. ... Mechanical mice are of course natural prey for Mechanical Owls, and have moving parts; though you're pedantically correct as they have an optical internal mechanism. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)