Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Hello sandcracker, and welcome to the vista forums,:party:

*findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt*

everything you have done is correct but you now need to open the file
that the above instruction created. reopen the cmd prompt as before and
type *sfcdetails.txt* and a list of the faults should open.

Alternatively type *%windir%\logs\cbs *into the start menu search bar
and search for sfcdetails.txt manually

hope this helps

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert

  • Re: Vista - bag o shite?
    ... DX10) which came with Vista home premium. ... And I was pissed with OSX 10.5 for taking three hours after ... installation and user migration from the old box. ... search bar that covers all your files, docs, emails, media metadata, ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Live music library search
    ... as i type what i want in the search bar its starts showing what i might want ... It sounds like you have media player 10. ... XP compared to Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Please help - printer/administrator problem
    ... Vista operates differently from earlier windows - It has proper ... as admin, this is called elevation. ... search bar you should then see CMD.EXE ... instructions you need to (you should see Administrator in the title bar ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Search ?
    ... I'm new to Vista and only came to use it since buying a new system. ... start orb and then being presented with the search bar underneath the 'All ... the 'start orb' which gave me a new search screen with an advanced option.. ... After using the advanced function now for a couple of weeks I've become ...