Re: usb hard drive

"toneywho" <toneywho@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7113488A-2D58-478D-BDF0-1CBCD9D8594D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a 64 bit HP Vista machine, a HP Pavilion a6567c PC and am wondering
if the Iomega 150 gigabyte hard drive that is attached goes to sleep when
the computer does. How can I tell if it is or how do I make it go to
sleep with the rest of the machine? TIA

The easiest way to confirm this is to listen to the drive to
see if it stops when the PC goes into sleep mode. Most
external drives exhibit some vibration when running. This
is assuming it's a USB drive. If it's an eSATA drive, it will
stop when the PC goes to sleep.

  • Re: Treat Drowsy Drivers Like DUI?
    ... The meeting is 90 miles away. ... effectiveness.The sleep disorder does not happen "suddenly" either. ... Like you can't plan rest stops on long drives? ...
    (rec.autos.driving)
  • Re: Treat Drowsy Drivers Like DUI?
    ... The meeting is 90 miles away. ... Fellow locally went to sleep on the way to a meeting 90 miles away ... Like you can't plan rest stops on long drives? ...
    (rec.autos.driving)
  • Re: Treat Drowsy Drivers Like DUI?
    ... The meeting is 90 miles away. ... Caffeine is not a substitute for sleep. ... Like you can't plan rest stops on long drives? ...
    (rec.autos.driving)
  • Re: Anybody up?
    ... tried two different drives and both told me low performance (1mb a ... Yes we were all in the same boat and could not sleep. ... By my standards this pc won't do but for her it will be a rocket ... all the office programs and all the stuff I load in. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Network not available
    ... Don't let the PCs go to sleep. ... Simply adjust the power settings to turn off ... the loss of your network ... > connection to mapped drives?? ...