usb hard drive

I have a 64 bit HP Vista machine, a HP Pavilion a6567c PC and am wondering if the Iomega 150 gigabyte hard drive that is attached goes to sleep when the computer does. How can I tell if it is or how do I make it go to sleep with the rest of the machine? TIA

  • Re: Sometimes local network fileshares not detected
    ... Buried way down in one of the settings for Power Options, there was a checkbox that said something to the effect 'let this device be powered down' or 'let this device enter low-power' during sleep. ... Something like that and unchecking it kept me from losing the network when I went into hibernation. ... I've found that almost EVERY time I do that, I lose network connectivity until I reboot the Vista machine. ...
  • Re: Sometimes local network fileshares not detected
    ... I don't put it into sleep or hibernation, but perhaps it switches into sleep when I'm away from the keeyboard for a while. ... I've found that almost EVERY time I do that, I lose network connectivity until I reboot the Vista machine. ...
  • Re: GPO prevents sleep
    ... I don't know how to get at the area of the GPMC that allows group policy to set the 'extra' registry settings. ... And secondly I don't know what the policy is supposed to do or why it is preventing the machine going to sleep. ... in Power Management in the Control Panel of the Vista machine all options relating to sleep are greyed out - presumably disabled- why? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sometimes local network fileshares not detected
    ... When this disappearing act shows up, have you just put your Vista machine into either sleep or hibernation? ... I've found that almost EVERY time I do that, I lose network connectivity until I reboot the Vista machine. ...