Re: Vista 64 and XP32 on same machine

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:42:00 -0400, "Herb Cober" <hcober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Currently I'm running XP Media edition SP3 32 bit
I would like to get 64 bit version of Vista Home Premium installed on the
same hard drive using Virtual machine. Is has possible. Can 32 and 64 bit
operating systems reside and run on same machine?

Yes, it's possible, but I'll refrain from trying to tell you how,
since I have no experience doing it myself. I guess I'm somewhat
unusual, but I've never had more than one operating system installed
on a single machine, and I think doing so is most often a mistake.

Why do you want to do this?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: Vista 64 and XP32 on same machine
    ... Yes it can be done providing the Virtual machine you use supports 64 bit operating systems. ... Windows Desktop Experience ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...
  • Re: Windows Update Problem
    ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... This website is designed to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems ... To find updates for Microsoft products that are designed for Macintosh ... Plus I'm getting the following error when I click on "Help" in IE7: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Limiting the size of the System Restore files w/Vista
    ... Windows Desktop Experience ... No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, reliability or content of this mail/post. ... I've got less "stuff" on my new Vista Home Premium PC than my older XP PC yet Vista has gobbled up 75 gig for what I'm doing on my XP machine in 24 gig. ...
  • Re: Favorite Highlight Color
    ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... Objects on my computers in a couple of operating systems) ... Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer ... I have tried resetting IE to the defaults, using the Display control panel ...
  • Re: 2 new laptops shut down with 6008 error
    ... Windows Desktop Experience ... I recently bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. ... I went to Bestbuy and looked in the event viewer on thier laptops and saw ...