Re: Mail Folders

Thanks for the response, but this is not the problem. I know all the folders
are there, because if a related Email comes in, windows mail displays all the
mail in that box, but the folders are not displayed as they were a couple of
days agao.

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

"nspatti" <nspatti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:824089B0-3F39-4D30-9A43-71CF71A3B338@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I used to have several folders in my mail box. Each one was specific with a
message rule that send the related mail to that folder. Now all I have is an
'in-box'. So how do I get windows mail to display all the rest of the
folders?

Have you checked the deleted Items folder for these special folders?
Windows Mail will not let you delete the 6 main mail folders, but it will let you delete folders that you have made.
I often see users that think they are deleting a message in one of their folders, when in fact, the folder (not the message) itself is highlighted and is being deleted. Of course they did not read the delete message that told them they were deleting the folder.
READ seems to be treated as a "4 letter word" to a lot of people.

  • Re: Two problems - invisible folders and error 0x800C0155
    ... down BOINC on each of the two desktop machines long ... But there was no logical reason for your invisible folders either. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Windows Mail uses to find the other files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Two problems - invisible folders and error 0x800C0155
    ... down BOINC on each of the two desktop machines long ... But there was no logical reason for your invisible folders either. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Windows Mail uses to find the other files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Backup and restore questions
    ... For additional security you could make extra copies of your data to DVDs as just plain files, so you wouldn't be stuck if Windows Backup fails you. ... I use Vista Windows Mail as my email application. ... I looked up Bob1 and all my folders are there. ... Is my assumption correct that everything I saved in my user account is backed up ready for restore? ...
  • Re: Backup and restore questions
    ... so you wouldn't be stuck if Windows Backup fails you. ... I use Vista Windows Mail as my email application. ... I looked up Bob1 and all my folders are there. ... Is my assumption correct that everything I saved in my user account is backed up ready for restore? ...
  • Re: Transfer folders from mail to another PC
    ... There is no such animal as "Outlook Express 7". ... As to your earlier remark about lack of Identities in Windows Mail, ... all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox. ... Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)