Re: Constatn disk access

Don wrote:
I am running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit version. My computer has been very
slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. I have
used the Reliability and Performance option under Administrative tools and
find that after about 2-3 minutes after startup, the only thing appearing in disk access are
numerous SVC|HOST calls with the (Local System Network Restricted) very
active. I am at a loss to debug any further. It is beyond my meager
capabilities. Can someone give me a clue as to what may be going on.

Don d

I think there are a bunch of people seeing this (I am) and it annoys me!

If you loo0k in the EVENT VIEWER and under WINDOWS LOGS and then the SECURITY Tab. At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that go on for about the time the HD is thrashing. Specifically, this morning there are 41 events! Most happen within 1-2 seconds, but they lasted a total of 4.11 minutes with event numbers repeating themselves.

A couple refer to

LogonProcessName">Advapi

So, anyone able to help here?? Not sure if the OP sees the same Audit logs that I do, going on for a number of minutes?

Frenchy

  • Re: Constant disk access
    ... slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. ... At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that go on for about the time the HD is thrashing. ... I get a lot of those too with the Source being primarily "Microsoft Windows security auditing". ...
  • Constatn disk access
    ... I am running Vista Home Premium, ... slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. ...
  • Re: how can I trace back to find out what file has dropped a virus on my c:
    ... from startup it loads after the a.bat has been written, ... Does anyone know if windows logs what is written on the hd ... Your best bet is probably to reformat and reinstall Windows. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)