Re: Vista defrag SUCKS

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:30:38 +0400, anuradhasarup <anuradhasarup.3guqzb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So if I cancel midway defrag before it says it is finished or power off
the computer not knowing it is running in the background, does it damage
the HDD or mean corrupted files?

It's ok to cancel before it is finished, OTOH
power off is bad idea.

Actually, if you shut down Windows normally, defrag should write down correctly
all information. Anyway it's better firstly to cancel, then shut down.

--
Andrew Rybenkov

Opera 9.27.8841 ROCKS on WindowsME, and Vista-32 SP1

  • Re: YAAP (elven wizard, NAO)
    ... If you're going for damage then +7. ... Monsters so for Rogues I'm trying to back a +2 MB up with a +7 silver ... The chance of stunning drops from 14.5% to 9.5% when going ... Cancel drops from 10% to 0%, but most monsters have nothing to ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Improving my rotation - RAWR?
    ... Aka, you should cast a spell, and cancel it ... if no one is taking damage. ... into the cast if everyone is still at 100% health. ... as FoL is such a cheap spell. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: ITV cancels Heartbeat
    ... It's a shame they can't cancel the damage the series has done to ... Goathland. ... Haven't businesses done well out of the extra tourists? ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: SUSE Installation - HELP !!!
    ... > know what you are doing, but, to prevent damage to your file system, it ... > is safer to cancel and reboot" ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: OT: L.A. Earthquake
    ... Did any of you L.A. denizens suffer any damage? ...  Should I cancel my trip there next weekend? ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)