Constatn disk access

I am running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit version. My computer has been very
slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. I have
used the Reliability and Performance option under Administrative tools and
find that after about 2-3 minutes after startup, the only thing appearing in disk access are
numerous SVC|HOST calls with the (Local System Network Restricted) very
active. I am at a loss to debug any further. It is beyond my meager
capabilities. Can someone give me a clue as to what may be going on.

Don d

  • Re: Constant disk access
    ... slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. ... At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that go on for about the time the HD is thrashing. ... I get a lot of those too with the Source being primarily "Microsoft Windows security auditing". ...
  • Re: Constatn disk access
    ... slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. ... If you loo0k in the EVENT VIEWER and under WINDOWS LOGS and then the SECURITY Tab. ... At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that go on for about the time the HD is thrashing. ...
  • Local System Network Restricted
    ... I am running Vista Home Premium, ... My computer has been very slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. ...
  • Vista only works in safe mode
    ... I have a Dell desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. ... it to startup in safe mode. ... I tried using system restore to an earlier ...
  • Start application minimized
    ... Vista Home Premium. ... Although a shortcut to the application has been created in the Startup ... application always starts in 'normal window' mode. ...